View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
If one of the flaps were not functioning properly I believe he would have a CEL.

Nope, he wouldnt. I diliberately disconnected mine, to see what they did. They're back on now. I found they simple gave a smoother perceived powerband. No lights under that hood either.

Change the fuel pre ( which should be caked with black glob), and main fuel filter. Check the fuel lines for wetness, leaks carefully.

I ran B50 ( sometimes 100, sometimes B30) on acverage for the first 12K I owned my biobuggy, and finally the delivery valve O rings went away on me. Again, check for leaks carefully when you change those filters, you'll get them sooner or later until you replace with Viton seals. ( I used OEM fuel lines)

BTW, in engine internals were near spotless. Never know the enigine had 235K on it. This was carefully brewed biodiesel, not WVO. Great stuff.

BTW, even in 90+ degree heat up here in WNY, my WVO friends still run heated WVO up to the IP. Its GOTTA be near 160 to work right.

Bjoern, these w124 3.0L 6's make GREAT biobuggies, dont they?! I just logged 33mpg combined, with a lot of around town putt-puttin' and 3000 rpm highway time ( over 55mph). B100. Awesome stuff. Smells better too!