View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

My 300d linked to Enron? Original owner found!

Today I decided to remove the carpets and rear seat of the 300d for some deep cleaning, and found garbage from the past that linked all 3 previous owners.

I've divided them into 3 sections. The original owners were from Houston, the next traveled from Texas to Louisiana, finally winding up in Colorado where it spent a brief time with the third owner.

Texas links: Note the Conrad Masterson business card. Conrad and his wife Elaine are the ORIGINAL OWNERS! I also found a name tag with Elaine's name on it.

Conrad has quite a profile, obviously an important and successful individual. Here's a link: http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=56167037

I couldn't find who was Robert Hornberger was on the plane ticket.

The Louisiana Link: The second owner was a relative of the Mastersons. Perhaps he was younger entrepreneur trying to start a business?

The Colorado Connection:

And the Random Photos: Note the slip of paper in German and the Arthur Anderson business card.

From Wikipedia:
Arthur Andersen LLP, based in Chicago, was once one of the "Big Five" accounting firms among PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ernst & Young and KPMG, providing auditing, tax, and consulting services to large corporations. In 2002, the firm voluntarily surrendered its licenses to practice as Certified Public Accountants in the United States after being found guilty of criminal charges relating to the firm's handling of the auditing of Enron, the energy corporation, resulting in the loss of 85,000 jobs. Although the verdict was subsequently overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States, it has not returned as a viable business.
One of the few revenue-generating assets that the Andersen firm still has is The Q Center, a conference and training facility outside of Chicago.

Anybody speak German or can tell me what this is?
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!