View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM

Replaced started cable now Battery light comes on, no start.

Well The battery cable to the starter was pretty corroded and I had to go to the auto part store anyhow (Oil Change). So I picked up a nice thick red cable. Got home Started draining the oil and while that was taking place I disconnected the positive cable. And Started studying how to remove the old cable. Took the old cable and the junction box wire off of the starter but, before this happened I arced the positive wire. Well I thought no big deal. Everything is back together (Including the wire that goes to the transistor looking thing which leads to the glowplug relay. And this jury rigged wire from the PO that I'm guessing takes the place of the OVP relay cause there is no OVP relay) When I went to start it I saw the battery light come on andthought it was nothing then I went to start it and only got a click. Jiggled the Shifter And still just a click. However, with the battery light on the radio worked lights worked and headlights were nice and bright. Oh and windows workedtoo. So if somebody could tell me what the problem is that'd be great cause I'm at my wits end.