Thread: B service
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 12:00 AM

B service

Hey , I was looking to see if some techs on this forum can help me out.
Despite my reservations I worked on a 03 c320 for a customer. Did the B service, changed the oil, airfilters and cabin airfilter. Well ...I did it to try and help the customer save some money and since I am a technician I figured its a pretty straight foward job. Like I said I did the oil change and other stuff ...all basic. I returned the car and it was ok. A day later she is complaining that it stutters and I go and check it out. It feels like a misfire. At this point a lot of things seem to be going wrong with her car and its after I touched it. I''m expierence enough to know sometimes ...when you work on a car afterwards **** happens sometimes even though the problems are not related to what you may have done to it you know? Any who. I know the oil capacity on that car is 8 qts. I put in right about 7.5 to be safe. This wouldn''t cause the misfire type feeling would it? To me, I believe coniencidently, she has a intermintant misfire from a coil pack. Anyone expeirence this problem before? Any help would be great. I''m a import tech and working on a german car is really not my thing but I tried and now even though the work was simple enough, Im regretting even working on this car period. No MIL light or malfunction. Thanks in advance .