View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 02:59 PM

SV,

I recently went through the same procedure as you.

Heres what I did.

I started with a coat of Zaino Z1 followed by 5 coats of Zaino Z5 to remove any swirls and small scratches from my paint surface.

After all of these coats I was not satisfied with the results, in the sun the swirl marks were clearly visible although reduced greatly. So I decided to try the Scratch X on the whole car based on good past experiences with this product.

I cleaned the car and applied the Scratch X to the paint making sure to apply a bit more to areas that showed excessive swirl marks. I didn't apply pressure to the paint surface to prevent additional swirls.

After doing this to the entire car I wiped the surface which left smears everywhere (probably because Zaino and Meguairs are not compatable). Some swirls remained but were greatly reduced. I decided to use Dawn dishwasihing soap to completely wash off any residue remaining from the Meguaiars.

After washing with Dawn I proceded to put a coat of Zaino Z1 and Zaino Z5 onto the car. It looks much better and the shine is amazing. The Scratch X removed the larger scratches and the Z5 filled in the rest.

My suggestion would be to use the Scratch X (OR Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover) a second time and then follow up with Zaino Z1, Zaino Z5 until the car is near perfect and then Zaino Z2 for a perfect shine.

If you choose not to use Zaino you will definitely need to apply the Meguairs Gold Class after using Scratch X or Meguiars #9. I'm pretty sure neither of these polishes have protectants and they are not designed to create a deep shine like the waxes do.

Hope that helps.

Current:
02 C32 AMG

Previous:
92 500E
84 190E 2.3 5 Spd