Thread: hydrogen gen
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
Its not outright rejection, its an understanding of hydrogen's inherent limitations and inefficiencies. The whole reason there is no hydrogen infrastructure right now, despite it being most abundant chemical element on earth, is its not commonly found except in chemical compounds (water, hydrocarbons). The energy it takes to extract the hydrogen from those compounds exceeds the energy content of the hydrogen itself.
Read MIT's plasmatron patents. The process dissociates hydrogen. On board. They even give a primer about the electrochemistry and physics involved.

Quote:
I photographed it because I was amazed that the company would even waste money on such a frivolous device, especially with a driver so ignorant about it's basic function. To date that is the ONLY one I have seen on any of the trucks, and yes, I have been looking out for more.
Yes, here is one of your pictures of the truck:

Quote:
That is false information. The company in question is privately owned by Jerry Moise, whom I have met, and has no government contracts outside of hauling the occasional cargo shipments.
Jerry Moyse would know that his company is one of the charter members of the EPA SmartWay program, I think. The EPA is an arm of the government -- see my chain of reasoning?

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/smartway/transport/partner-list/swift.htm

Quote:
No, they don't. The driver of that truck was completely ignorant of its basic operation. He thought it let him run the A/C with the engine off!
Surely you will forgive the driver for mistaking that unadvertized device for one of the other advertized devices in the SmartWay program.

Quote:
Incorrect again, they were inconclusive. A 0.1mpg change in economy not bad but it was definitely not good and not even in the ballpark of the 20%+ the scammers claim.
"Positive" is in the quantitative sense, not the qualitative sense. My characterization is correct.