View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Lowered the front by cutting the front springs. I've got the equation for how much to cut for the amount of drop considering the coil diameter. The ride suffered more from the short sidewall tires than the shortened springs I think.

Wheels are painted to mimic the AMG wheels of the early 80's as said in a previous post. personal preference too. Same thing with the headlights.

Thanks for the compliments

I've still got quite a bit of work to do.

Vacuum is still wonky and the tranny flares. Don't want to mess with the tranny until I get the vacuum gremlins fixed, the tranny problem might heal itself, hah.

Dash lights are out because of that damn rheostat and the SLS is leaking on my driveway from the rear. Thank goodness for a parts car.

The one big thing that irks me is the doors are keyed differently from the ignition. I found this out when I was removing everything for painting. If you have ever taken the keyed handles off the car you will appreciate the PITA factor o doing it without the key.

Check out the receiver for a hitch. Managed to save the factory sticker when I sandblasted and painted it. Cool!

This wagon does belong in the cheap wagon club BTW.

Jay