View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc329 View Post
then it is an E420 with a really good engine, if taken care of. If transmission has not been serviced, that needs to be done. As for the heater blower, there is a good chance that it's the blower regulator and not the blower motor itself. That's easy to fix. Just search this forum for instructions. $4900 for this car in good shape is a good deal. Did you get any service/repair history with it?

no i dident get any service info at all about the car but cars that are well cared for inside and out < cept for door dings and cerb rash ( jersey ) inpossable when you have to off street park for the sweaper every day > CITY < it runs and drives sweet very powerfull starts right up 30* in the morn now ??? can service it in my shop just dident know anything about this model u said 420 body well they all look the same to me 420 430 97 98 ??? will have to look closer - going after the blower relay tomorow its way cheaper than the motor was told to ground the motor and it should go to HI if the relay is defective so i will see - its iffy on what trans 722.6 is what i keep seeing and it takes special oil < been rebuilding transmissions since 1965 and that is a great smoaking mirror to be safe Mobil ! syn trans fluid will do the job - dodge adapted when MB owned them a syn oil for the diesel trucks they were having problems with at the time oil turning brown right away, it could also be that but i have used both cant see a difference the rubber seals and clutch material is all the same type of paper ans poly mixes used for the higher temps and low friction use of the OD units today ??????? anyway thanks for your help i want to give it to the wife but dont need the thing being a pain u no -- jz