Thread: Valkyrie
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I hope they go against Hollywood blockbuster formula and do an historically accurate portrayal.

My most recent memory of Hollywood run amuck is "Pearl Harbor". What an awful thing to do to a story that could have been as good as "Saving Private Ryan" or the Cabanatuan liberation as portrayed in "The Great Raid". "Ryan" was pure fiction portrayed with honesty and "Raid" was historically accurate but dramatized. Through us of archetypes in both movies, neither movie had to resort to war glamorization of tawdry vignettes as was in "Pearl Harbor". Nice special effects though. Another movie I'd put with "Ryan" and "Raid" was "Das Boot".

The Valkyrie story could be told straight-up and in any language, it would be suspenseful and interesting. But if they do a "Pearl Harbor" it will make me vomit.
X2 I hope it has a Band of Brothers quality to it.

I'm looking forward to it and will see it shortly after it comes out. Maybe the day after X mass. This is the only movie this entire year that I have actualy wanted to pay $10 to go see.

Maybe Heinz Guderian will be in it and I can cheer for the old panzer commander.
2007 Tiara 3200