View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 01:25 PM

1999 E300D Electrical Problems

For those of you who have been here awhile I have posted several unusual problems over the last two years. Most of them electrical. The dealer has replaced electrical motors and thermostats, complete A/C system, and been unable to find a nagging transmission problem and check engine light problem.

A friend recommended a local independent MB mechanic. I took the car in and told him my tale of woe. He states all of the sensors are good, he does not believe the electric motors were bad and I agree, the a/c should not have broken, and the check engine light should not be on. He ran the codes and got numerous faults, much too long to list, he checked the wiring harness and sensors and proclaimed it good. He went to the computer and said it is throwing out unusual readings and wants to replace it with a rebuild. What do ya'll think? I would be thrilled if this fixes my troubles. I have suspected the computer or harness for awhile. The mechanic states this is a known problem. Thanks for your replies Car has 72000 miles on it.