View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:05 AM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Talking *** "Hey! Look over there! Isn't that Grant's Tomb?" (*Zipp!*) ***

Being part of that "Press Pool" for a day...the Secret Service told us that we'd only have seconds to get ready if anything came up...so that meant that the drivers (me) had to stay with the assigned vehicles and be ready to roll...no questions asked 'cause you weren't getting any answers. If your crew wasn't ready, TS, they got left behind and they'd have to figure how to get to where ever you were heading to/at.

I find it interesting to note in the story how O was assigned an SS-detail. "For Obama, who received a Secret Service detail earlier than any presidential candidate since the practice began, the scrutiny ..."

That little tidbit could be used as fodder for conspiracy-theorists..."THEY (whoever THAT IS ) already had THEIR candidate vetted and ready to assume power (Insert evil, maniacal laugh here). THEY just needed to be sure he was protected against the forces of GOOD. (Insert evil, maniacal laugh here, again... )

You know, if the Press is hanging around him as much as this article says, MAYBE that's a GOOD thing. You can't hatch evil, take-over-the-world plans with someone always over your shoulder telling everyone what's going on...eh?

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~