View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I SK8 Roller Derby!

Maybe OT, but funny. . .

So, I was in the garage moving this around and saw a new calendar on the wall. Calendar of naked MEN! I walked into the house and asked the DH about it. He said if I was going to become a mechanic I needed a naked guy calendar! Guess he's proud that I did the GPs. I figure he should wait and be proud when I do a successful valve adjustment that doesn't blow my engine!

At the PO I was standing in line to mail a package and a guy behind me was talking to someone else about transmissions. Guy 1 was asking Guy 2 about his transmission. Guy 2 says to bring car to his shop, he knows everything about transmissions.
Me being me, I asked Guy 2 if he knows anything about old MB trannys. He claims to know everything about every tranny ever made and hands me his biz card.
So I say, well what would you do if I brought you a 78 300SD that was flaring from 1st to 2nd gear? He said, "Well, after I pull the tranny. . .'' I hand him back his card as I was called to the counter.

I figure if the answer doesn't start with checking the tranny fluid AND the modulator, I don't want you touching my tranny.

Thought you'd all get a kick out of those two stories.
Happy Hump Day!