View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 AM
dieselarchitect

The whole key is people working and earning money and spending it. Without that the tax rate is completely irrelavent.

During the Bush era more money went to the uber rich and less to ordinary folks (relatively speaking) until the ordinary folks did not have enough to spend on goods and services. The economy slowed and slowed.

The cheap credit fueled spending for a good while masking the underlying weakness in the basic economy.

Putting ordinary folks back to work and restoring their confidence in the entire American way of life is the only way to rejuvinate the economy. Rejuvinating the economy will increase government revenue.

Hopefully that will meet the debt service needs.

More tax cuts will not reassure anybody who is presently fearful of spending what little they have after meeting basic expenses.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.