View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM

I had a real power shortage when it did drive and I am asumming it was du to the fuel system, the pump was replaced with some tube style thing, but lucky enough they left the original still mounted to the car. I had drained the fuel tank last year and it was a little thick and yellow but not gummy thanks to the sta-bil i put in it. however I don't know how much of it got to the injectors. The majority of parts are disassembled from the engine. the intake/ exhaust/ alt/ a/c system/ rad and hoses. I have removed the fan from the front of the engine as well, but beleive the pulleys are all intact. My plans are to keep all the body and drivetrain pretty much original and upgrade as much of the accesories as possible. I want to replace the electrical because I want to be able to drive it worry free of shorts and fires. I plan on upgrading the tails to led and the head lights to halogen, but all this can wait if I can just get it running and not driving that is fine. It has been mostly stored on bricks off the ground with a tight car cover and two tarps. I had put rags in the cylinders before I let it sit, but they were dry rags. last year I put about a teaspoon or two of mystery oil in each cylinder and covered the rags in it also. I have yet to check where the coolant hose goes in the bottom of the engine, but we do happen to have good amount of field mice around here so I may just find a dead critter in there. Anybody got a how to for flushing the tank and lines? I'm really looking to make this a luxury car that modern luxury car owners could be jealous of. basically keeping all the things that make a 72 a great bulletproof car yet replacing all the outdated equipment. At the moment though i just want to make sure i still have a good runable engine still.