View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Sounds like a big job but will probably save you considerable aggravation in the end. Haven't had much problem with the fuse box but a couple of wires have shorted on mine. Would you retain the old mercedes electrical connectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun85 View Post
the engine is still in the car and complete just the majoruty of stuff has been removed. My elecrtical just seems overly worn and all the casing seems pretty dry rotted. It will work to get it running but I do not want to drive it like this. when it first died i was moving it and had it in the accesory position and something started smoking from one of those little boxes. It just seems more worth my time to replace it all then to try and diagnose and replace just what is necessary on the current system which is probably like 20-30% of the entire wiring, plus if I will be adding different lighting that will need to be changed to. I may just keep all the under dash wiring and replace just the fuse box and then replace the engine part of the electrical, pretty much just cut it off at the firewall. That's what all the road salt around here will do to a car this old. I just got some pictures of what i'm working with and will try to post them. I also plan on adding heated power seats and that will require extra wiring in the car and I just don't like those german fuses and the hold metal relays.