View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

He died at the hospital, two died at the scene and the last one in the car (as of 2345 last night) was still in critical condition.

I think in England they have those posts that pop up (in a fraction of a second) and they aren't little ones either...there was a thread on here somewhere that I remember watching these things in operation...they were stopping 2.5 ton 6-wheelers dead in their tracks...

Now, if you were going 40-50 mph and whacked one of these things...I'm sure that what was once a vehicle approaching the intersection would either be airborne or split into a few non-salvageable pieces when everything, eventually, would come to rest.

Maybe a combo tire-shredder and tail-hook device...the latter coming up and into the underside of vehicle...at least, if it starts the car on fire after shredding the gas tank open and spilling its contents onto the street, ... oh, never mind...it's too fun just thinking about it...I'll let you folks come up with your own ending to this...maybe just the tire shredder is good enough...

But then, with all those low-slung jap-crap sleds running around, wouldn't a tire-shredder device do exactly that to a gas tank, with enough forward momentum?

Hmmmm...I'm starting to like this idea the more I type about it...

NOW...getting back on topic...(*ahem*cough*cough*)

On a serious side-note concerning the health of ballplayers and the beginning of this season, so far...

Did anyone see that line-drive headshot the Giants Pitcher took from the Brewer batter, Cameron, in the top of the 9th last night? It was bad enough that his nose was bleeding...and the ball hit him in/near his right temple...that was some Major-League hurt!!! I'm hoping the CTs are coming back negative on him today...I wouldn't be surprised though if he had some minor amount of skull fracturing...that ball ricocheted off his forehead and made it all the way back to the back-stop behind the catcher...

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~