View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Anyone who wants to can go over to Glen Beck's blog, there are all kinds of crazies threatening violence. There are many on the far right who simply do not wish to honor the results of a US legal election. Anywhere you go on the right wing sites there is all kinds of either outright or easily interpetted insinuations of armed action or rebellion, secession and all kinds of other talk in which the losers of the last election seem to want to have some sort of armed response to their getting the short end of the democracy stick. To them I offer this advice: you lost, get over it.

Sooner or later, one of these nuts or a group of these nuts are going to kill somebody, or perhaps do what they did the last time they went crazy in the 90s and blow up a federal building full of kids or trap themselves and have a nice human barbecue with their own families as the main course. It is an obvious threat to national security at this point, I have even seen some of the same talk here on this forum. My question to them is simple: which one of you are going to be the first to shoot a police officer when your "rebellion" starts?

The sad truth is this: Glenn Beck, Drudge, the lesser talk show hosts like Savage, and now Fox News are destablizing the United States with violent right wing rhetoric. They have this big loud megaphone that makes them think they are bigger than they are. If it leads them to armed action, they will be killed as dead as David Koresh or imprisoned as thouroughly as Charles Mason, as long as this country is having free elections. Most people like that idea over having their kids killed in the cross fire of nut case right wingers or left wingers, and in the end the forces of law and order will win out, we may be having big problems, but we ain't so far gone that that is going to change.

What I don't get is the total lack of logic on the right. They lost the last election, because they lost the moderates and the independents in the middle. If they start shooting people, the next election will look even worse for them than the last as the lose the rest of them. Hard core righties comprise no more than 22% of the electorate. If they think 22% can rule the other 88% at gun point, they are in for a very rude awakening.

Last edited by JollyRoger; 04-14-2009 at 04:41 PM.