View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 AM

At a certain point it is unfair to compare movies or TV shows from basicaly different eras. I only watched parts of episodes of the new one. They had a marathon a few years back. Those episodes or of what I woacthed of them were slow and boring to me. I thoug they were trying to hard to show the angst of the characters, but it was closing in on being to melodramactic.
The old series was cheesy. Just about every show back then was. I did see it in the past few years or so. About how and what I remember of it. It did come after Star Wars, as did Buck Rodgers in the 21st Century (even more cheesy, if that can be said). I think the major flaw in the original was pandering to the kids. There were episodes where people were starving and stuffed into ships, while other lived laviously. People did die, even main characters, like Jane Seymore (still looks hot).
Yes, the original was pale compared to Star Wars. Here we are talking different budgets. Both were cutting edge for thier media.OK, Star Trek was on par or close in some instances. Star Wars and Jaws had a huge effect on the Movie industry and culture for years if not decades. Saturday Night Fever had a huge effect culturally (for better or worst), but not movie wise.I don't think till the Matrix, that special effects took another leap. Star Wars was a Quantum leap though.
Tom