View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 PM

New to Mercedes - 1985 300SD content

Hello all,

Just thought I'd give you all a little introduction. My name's Christopher and last week I purchased a 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300SD from a family's estate. (The PO recently passed away.) Its Silver with Red/Maroon interior, MB-Tex I think is what you call it? Not sure.

Anyway, its a pretty clean car, no dents/dings, no tears or cracks in the interior. And only 127,512 on the odometer. Has every maintenance records since new. I just took it to the Dealership here in Fort Worth yesterday and had an inspection done.

It needs a waterpump, motor mounts, belts, and rear Axle boots. Other than that, she's tip top. Runs wonderfully, and so far, I'm in love.

I come from the Volkswagen world of Scirocco's and Rabbits. So I'm not completely unfamiliar with German ingenuity. However, I will note there's definitely something about M-B thats different from everything else I've played with. This thing feels like a tank. Nothing rattles, or shakes. The quality definitely feels solid. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Without further ado, here are some pictures.

All that said, thanks for looking. I appreciate any tips or recommendations to maintaining this fine vehicle. And I hope to get to know all of you better.

Kind regards,
Christopher Thomas
DFW-Texas

Last edited by Keebler64; 05-20-2009 at 08:43 PM.