Thread: My AC thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 05:59 PM
(Oo{-I-}oO)

Thanks for the help- and good luck with the job at hand.

I reckon I can rent the flush unit from AZ or oreally and use the liquid flush- it is WAY cheeeper, and I do have air. so get the EXP valve apart, and push everything out from there. I will hev the Compressor out, and the low sde hose- up over the front of the engine- is being replaced. should I unhook and purge it elsewhere?

Agian- I removed the compressor from service as soon as it started knocking, not after it froze up, so I dont think I have suffered black death, but I guess I will know more when I flush it. mostly I ned to get the old oils, etc out, so I can start anew.

I will know a bit more next weekend when I verify the compressor I have is set up for r12.

I have been reading up on the topic- there is a pile of stuff to wade thru, alot of BS, too- so I'll keep trudging.

What would be the "right color" Oring- green or blue? My FLAPS carries lots of green ones.

At this point, I really just need to know if I should order anything other than the exp valve and the drier, so it can be here by next weekend, too.

We are planning a trip to the badlands(or Batmans- as the 2 yr old says) second week of june, and if I get some AC, the wife might not make me rent a Prius...)

1999 Dodge Durango Cummins 4BTAA 47RE 5k lb 4x4 getting 25+mpgs, room for Seven.