Thread: My AC thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM

From what I have read...and I have read a LOT.... I do not suggest putting in any leak dye... you will see when you take apart the Txvalve how small the spaces are there... and how critical that item is...
For being sure after your flush...and having put the CORRECT color Nylog onto those orings as you install them.... at first a pressure check with nitrogen and 4 oz of R22 is allowed to be used for leak finding...and let out into the air afterwards... legally...
So that means an electronic leak detector to check it in the pressure mode...which is what it will be in while working...
many only use the vacuum keeping test...but that checks the orings pulled inwards instead of how they will be expected to stay tight in working mode... when evacuating I would not do it less than overnight... what is the rush ... you do not want to be messing with this stuff for the next 5-8 years do you ?
If you rent a vacuum I would suggest one that can pull 50 microns...

I guess I am old and conservative about some things... but I would not take a family on the road without several LONG ' shake down' cruises.... get the prius and enjoy yourself...