View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure this will help or perhaps you're beyond it, but I've been helped by a very detail post (don't remember but found it under searching).

I've done all four of mine this way and they've all worked.

1. On the driver's floorpan is where the green and red (yellow with green for open and yellow with red stripe for close) come in and tee off towards other parts of the car.

2. Go there first and see if vacuum is coming in with the car running. Should have vacuum in the green with button up and vacuum in the red with it down.

3. Disconnect and plug the entire right side of the car by pulling lines off the tee. This enables you to test the drivers side only (front and back). Do so with car running....up and down several times. Turn car off and see if you get several ups and downs for the driver's front and rear door

4. Then go door by door. Replug the passenger side in (these two lines will eventually feed the right front, rear, fuel and trunk locks.

5. Go to the passenger floorpan and unplug the rear part of the car so that you are now testing only the passenger front door.

6. Keep going until you find the culprit.

In my cars it generally is the rear passenger door or the fuel door.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you can't find the detailed post and I'll look it up as I have printed it. Its like 2-3 pages.

Don
'97 Jetta TDI 127k (Amber's)
'97 Jetta TDI 186k (Matt's)
'96 Passat TDI 237k (Don's
'84 300D 211k Mint (Arne- Undergoing Greasecar Conversion)

SOLD:
'82 240D 229k (Matt's - Converted-300DT w/ 4 speed