View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 AM
MB 1985 300TD Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt20 View Post
also, I am not aware of a fuel line that goes to the IP after the primer.. the lift pump / primer pump leads to the filter, the filter leads to the IP.
Heres a picture of the line coming from the primer pump to what looks to me to be the side of the IP. Its an older picture with the old style pump as you can see, It could be because the veg oil kit installed needed to have things routed a bit differently to keep supply/return lines separated to avoid cross contamination of the filters. Not sure though, Im still learning about how all this works. And I find it very interesting. but I wouldnt find it too surprising if the mechanics who installed the kit did something wrong.
In the picture if you look closely you can follow the line that leaves the primer pump up and through the cluster of lines then down again to end up at the banjo bolt that looks just above bolt on the primer pump. would this not be going into the IP?
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel pressure/resistance through primer pump assembly normal? 85 300TD (123)-fuel-line.jpg