View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
MB 1985 300TD Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
If you hooked up the Mighty Vac at the Fuel Oulet of the Fuel Supply Pump; besides the stuff mentioned above you also have to create enough vacuum to overcome the pressure of the 2 little valve springs.
That could be very good information to have. It would rule out a problem with the primer pump assembly. Looking at the picture, I'm trying to see how the springs would be mounted in relation to the plunger/valves. Are they oriented in teh picture the same way they would be installed and working?

So both of them would be closed unless theres fuel being pushed/pulled through? And are these little plungers rubber or plastic or are they metal? (i.e. wondering how well they would seal)

I have a schematic form Greasecar here that shows the fuel line redirecting needed in order to accomodate the switching of fuels. Im a little suspicious that veg oil is still getting in the diesel fuel filter as it smells like it and feels like it when I remove it. They said teh setup is such that there wouldnt be any cross contamination though. However when I see the main return line, it has to go through the Diesel filter regardless of what kind of fuel is being used at the time. does it not look like that according to this schematic?

I can see some of the aluminum washers are crushed at an angle, even though it looks like its making a seal. I was trying to find a schematic of these parts so I can find the part number for these exact washers but so far I haveent come accross one that can gibve the exact part number or something that I can cross reference it with.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel pressure/resistance through primer pump assembly normal? 85 300TD (123)-greasecar-mb-schematic.jpg