View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
salt and sand go hand in

The saga of the ZUKER the 84' 300D , now for sale?

It's been awhile since ive posted guys, so hope all is well with you and your cars. This car was a dream of mine but the dream has come to an end as reality sets in.

I have wonderful stories to post about my car lately. The fact that she still starts easily and was SO solid all winter- no problems starting in the 5 degree nights of New England and she got me thru mounds of snow to go skiing and all that. She's been all over New England and to Canada and been SOLID as anybody could want. I wil miss her when she goes but it is time to pass her on to someone who can care for her better.

The good (and there's lots):

ALL NEW suspension bushings (and I mean ALL) replaced 2 years ago
NEW Brake stops
NEW Upper conrtol Arms
New Lower Control Arms
NEW ball joints (upper/lower)
NEW Steering bushings
NEW tie rod assemblies (both)
DIALED in Steering box with a minute amount of play
NEW Bilstein HD shocks 2 years ago, still fresh and responsive
new brake booster and all new hardlines to brakes
new hoses to front calipers
NEW (reman) rear calipers
NEW brake pads all around
NEW E-Code headlamps w/city lights and plastic protective coating
NEW remanufactured rear axles (BOTH installed last year)
NEW tires
NEW exhaust downpipe to mid muffler (last week)
NEW Mono Valve
NEW windshield & gasket installed by a PRO and not leaky AT ALL
constant oil changes, radiator flushes, power steering and transmission fluid changes
constant valve adjustments
NO major oil leaks
engine purrs like a happy kitten and the turbo is great!

THE BAD:
-fuel line leak under Driver side door (this is the straw)
-vacuume leak somewhere making for harsh shifts
-crappy front seat issues (rebuilt once but not a second time)
-general rust issues - fenders, etc. you know the deal with these cars. It is nothing major or structural just a repair I do not have funds for
-Driver side running lights do not function, mostlikely a bad ground
-broken antenna mast- motor works but top of mast is broken off
-no AC - compressor is not siezed but there is a leak somewhere in the line and there has been no conversion
- broken ODO , had been broken from the start
-front interior is a little rough but not too bad

So the bottom line is that I was planning to do a full resto but have run out of time, patience and money. I have so many parts and fluids to go along with the car that you can probably fill the trunk with the amount of crap I've accumulated.
I have a 24 gallon marine diesel tank and DC pump that you can take for a song - I was running biodiesel for 2 years until my suplier went under
I have invested over 6k into this car and I am done dumping cash into it.

I know this should be in the SALE area but I am looking for feed back too.
Should I sell this car or keep it, knowing I won't have the money to fix the body and one day it will be so bad she won't pass inspection. I really want this car to keep on - keepin' on, so that's why I'm considering a sale. It IS a great machine and I WILL be sad to see her go, but SOMEBODY who has the time and energy must be able to take care of her better than I can in the long run.
If you want Pics, let me know. I will consider a trade for a car that has no nagging issues, preferably diesel.
Cheers
B-