View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM

well this is what i am concerned with. I got the car about 7 months ago. the car has about 180K on it. I went to get it inspected and it failed because it had rusted rocker panels. My dad is a welder so i had him weld them, but what happened was that the interior of the car caught on fire and burned the dashboard, cables, vacuum lines, and everything that was under the car. Sad story i know, my dad has welded a thousand vehicles, but the first time he welds mine he sets it on fire. i shook looking at the car i out of curiosity i wanted to know if the light would work. I turned the switch and the engine started cranking. there were short circuits all over the place. I ripped everything out and cleaned everything. luckily found the same car on the junk yard and replaced everything. This accident made the remove the fenders, and that helped me find a lot more rust issues. So I decided that i will rip the whole car apart, and grind and sandblast everything. all the rusted our sports my dad welded shut, and now after doing all this work, i am annoyed by the blow by. The thing will basically be completely restored, but the motor has blow by. Is there anything that can be done without rebuild, or major repair.