View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Y'know, I have never done my injectors either and I often wonder about their effect on my idle smoothness. I have noticed that I have to give it a little gas to make the car start, which I attribute to leaky injectors with no evidence other than gut feeling that I'm a tad flooded at startup. Do you have this symptom too?

If you are wondering if your injector seal is leaking enough to make a vacuum leak, you can test by spraying starting fluid around the injector and see if your idle surges up. However, I don't know what effect the ether would have on the seal, so attempt with care....

If you do go and replace your injectors, I'd be very keen to know what your results are. Please post back if you do! I've been considering it for a while, but I really think I need to do my caster joints first, not to mention my rather ran-out front discs. Also, that stupid air hose that connects to the cold-start injector and the idle air valve likes to get brittle and leak, that gave me a terrible idle for a while.

1990 300SE "Corinne"- 145k daily driver - street modified differential - PARTING OUT OR SELLING SOON - PORTLAND OR. AREA - PM ME FOR DETAILS
1988 560SEL "Gunther"- 190K passes anything except a gas station
1997 S420 - 265k just bought it with a rebuilt trans. Lovely condition