View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM
greasy fingered tinkerer

HERE is a guy who went through converting on a 450 motor, using the mustang injectors and making fuel rails to allow them.

I haven't finished my install, due to my SEC ending up as the daily driver when the SD decided to play games this winter, but I had a set of fuel rails built off of his alignment specs for ~$170 complete and to my door. (Don't quote me on that price though, it's been a year or so now...)

As I was looking at forced induction as an option, the modern injector designs give a lot more flexibility as well, since there are high flow versions available, unlike the older Djet injectors. The modern ones can also be had for less, FAR less if you keep your eyes open for deals!
For instance, I got a set of the newer Bosch 'design 3' injectors that have no huge bump in the middle for $20, $28 after shipping. They are 19lb/hr, so about 200cc/min, and good for roughly 250hp from the estimation on the megamanual site.
I also ended up with another set of 19lb/hr injectors for free, just because they're the 'old' injectors that many mustangs came with. (Huh, fancy that.. we call 'em mustang injectors... ) These came out of a Crown Vic, but whatever...

As a final note, have you found the MSruns.com site? Under the Daimler section they have all the success stories for installs of megasquirt on various MB's including a few 116/117 motors.