View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

Not MB but read it anyway (esp if you ride a motorcycle)

I was driving on the highway in the left lane just entering Maryland on US 15, when a motorcycle entering the road from an on-ramp on the right tried to passs a bunch of slower bikers, gunned his Ninja wiped out and slid right in front of me. If you heard a scream at 6:30 last night that was me as I hit the brakes with both feet. I was in the Suburban and God was truly my co-pilot today as the 7000 pound truck stopped 10 feet away from the bike! The rider had been thrown off the bike and into the grass median so if the truck had not stopped my choices were hit the rider or hit the bike!

I did stop though and the guy behind me stopped too just barely missing me!

I then parked the truck in the left lane to keep other cars away from the bike and rider and got out to see what I could do.
I called 911 and got an ambulance while the other bikers and a girl who was a paramedic dealt with Juan the rider. He was basically OK never loosing consciousness and not bleeding externally. He could even wiggle his feet!
His bike was banged up and his helmet had a bad case of road rash. The Frederick County emergency response guys were great. We had three firetrucks, an ambulance, paramedics, a Sheriff's Deputy and a State Trooper all on the scene within five minutes! The ambulance took him to the hospital and after giving my statement to the state trooper I went on my way! I was shaking by that time! I spoke to Juan's friends while we were dealing with the cops and they said he had dumped his bike before, but never on the highway. It is a case of too much bike and too little brains...

Basically his helmet saved him from cracking his head open like a coconut. If you ride, make sure you have one on.

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW