View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Mama's 300D

81 300D grill trim repair\grill cleaning questions

I noticed one of the horizontal trim pieces for the grill has gotten really bent up. It's a very soft aluminum, and somehow it's become 'not straight'. I found some in the Performance catalog that showed up the other day, but how do you change these? It looks like they slide over a formed plastic 'T' on the grill section. Before I even start to try to change or remove and repair the one that's on there, I'd like to have the correct procedure. Too many times I've pulled or force a part only to find out when it was off (and sometimes broken) that if I'd only known the simple trick, it would have been a breeze.

One other question, while I'm at it. What's the correct way to clean (renew) the plastic grill section. As I checked the trim, I noticed that when I rubbed my finger on the grey plastic, it came off with a chalky, white dust on it, and left the grill chalky, too. Is there something in particular that can be used to bring it back to life? It's time to do the fall wax and shine, so I might as well do it right. Thanks for any help on these two questions. Lee

1951 Chevy 3100

2003 Indian Chief Roadmaster

1983 GMC 1 ton Dually

1982 Chevy 1 ton Dually, service body (sold)

'90 GMC Suburban 6.2 "SS Veg-Burban"
(single tank WVO\diesel conversion) SOLD

'81 300D ~ Mama's car...my job (now my car)(but still my job) SOLD

'83 300sd ~ rescue car SOLD

2005 Ford Taurus (Mama's new car)(NOT my job!)