View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.ged View Post
when i tuned my ignition table, i found a 3d representation of the mercedes ignition map on line, and it had a rather pronounced spike at around 60 kpa and, if i remember correctly, in the 3000-4000 area, my lap top is broken at the minuet, so i cant use my memory stick to show you what i mean exctly, but when i copyed this spike into my map, the drivability off boost improved massivly.

off the top of my head, you should be looking to pull 1 degree of timing for every psi that you add. so tune off boost for max drivablity, then just remove 1 psi for every 14 kpa you have on the left of your table.
Nick, that's exactly what I've done right from the beginning, except that I retard 1 deg for 0.1 bars which is very close to what you said. Problem was in the ignition settings (inverted/not inverted). Now the car is awesome to drive, very smooth and lots of power. Good point about the spike, can you post the map when you get a chance to use your memory stick ?

P.S. The above map was just to get the car running well after experimenting with various ignitor settings.