View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM

Talking IT IS DONE!!!!

Finally after two days of trying to get these stupid pumps in and working 100% they are in, working 100%, and leak free. THANK GOODNESS!

Turns out it was leaking from where the main fuel bolt (don't know its name) screws into the actual pump. I had everything pretty tight but I didn't notice I had to tighten it there. It wasn't until my dad took the old pumps to the mechanic to see if he could give us clues and sure enough, he said that was the last step I'd missed. So I took it all apart again today, went and got more new OEM copper washers from MB to make sure there would be no leaks, rewired and put back together... I was pretty nervous about the first start but we cranked her up and no leaks. It was so amazing lol

I drove to the gas station to put more chevron in and all seems well so far. She hasn't stalled out yet but we'll see. I'm hoping the pumps were the main cause of this. Thank you all of you who helped out with this!!!!!!!!! Here is a picture of me pointing to where it needed to be tightened.

**Also, if I never had to smell or deal with gasoline again, it'll be too soon.. Gasoline is the most evil substance lol
Attached Thumbnails
How to replace fuel pumps on m103-l1090402.jpg