View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
President's Approval Numbers Below 50%

Gallup said 49 percent of Americans approved of Obama's job performance. A survey by Quinnipiac University on Wednesday had a similar finding, putting him at 48 percent support.

It was the first time he had fallen below majority support in those two polls. He had been polling in the low 50s for months after taking office in January with an approval rating just under 70 percent.

Interpretation folks?
A lot of first time voters helped put him in. Unreasonably high expectations by many of them may contribute. Other folks never voted for him anyway so they can be negative too.

He has a huge load on his plate which he is making yeoman's efforts at solving.

His approval rates early were so high there was noplace to go but down, and finally...

Approval rates are not the same as election results. Have an election with a real candidate running against him tomorrow and I say he will win again handily.

Approval ratings are for a real working pres against some vague ideal of what might be in people's minds.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.