View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by topanga View Post
I actually had the battery and alternator checked yesterday... they tested fine, much to my dismay. I would have inifinitely preferred a battery problem to a compression problem.

I figure I need valve adjustment anyway. Do you figure that's about three hours at a shop?? There is just no way I can manage it on my own. It's a matter of strength, and I just can't do it, even as much as I've read. Just can't manage it.

We've been having about a month long cold snap here, temps in the twenties at night. Brrrrr.
Same here. It's been ungodly cold with crazy amounts of snow being dumped. They closed i90 and the state troopers are warning people not to go out unless they have 4 wheel drive!

Valve adjustments are a yearly maintenance item. I am about 50,000 miles out of adjustment but it's just too darn cold to do it. Time wise I couldn't tell ya.

And my hard starting problem: I have no idea what it was. However my car is back to normal. The engine was shaking terribly and sounding like it was mis firing, but now it starts up fine and idles normally even from a cold start. It's even colder then it was when I started!

For the glow plug relay what I did was I pulled the cover off the relay and disconnected the 5 pin connect at the bottom of the relay. I checked the resistance and everything checked out just fine. My problem was finding a good place to ground the wire. Eventually I figured out that the engine block was the best

Edit: Oh yeah how's that block heater working out?

Last edited by okyoureabeast; 01-03-2010 at 03:54 PM.