View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 AM

I suspect Daimler tested using a Bosch system.

Then changed to Delphi or used Delphi in addition to some Bosch systems (the system used in the tests and supplied on the taxi cars sold) once actual production began and nothing is heard about the Bosch supplied car failures because there are none, just the failures on cars supplied with the Delphi parts and or system, further killing the Delphi brand name in terms of Delphi being a viable car parts supplier. Daimler always from my understanding use at least two sources of manufacturers to produce any parts that are required to build their cars, so if one company bulks the system or have problems producing the parts; the other alternative supplier companies can keep the production lines rolling. That is just good business practice on the part of Daimler. Example, tires; they use Michelin tires primarily or used to, but keep Continental in the loop just in case Michelin has a hiccup. They probably use both Fed Ex and UPS as well and keep DHL in the loop just in case. And I would bet that Delphi told Daimler that they could make diesel systems for half the price that Bosch charged and Mercedes gave them a shot on their entry level diesel cars, the four cylinder diesels having the, they say, injector problems.

BenzDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by compress ignite View Post
of testing by Deutschlander Taxi drivers?

BenzDiesel,

Something does not add up?