View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM

I purchased a c230 in November with 112,000 miles. It's super clean and nice, drives perfectly and is a solid, quiet car even today. I'm always paranoid for a while after buying a car, wondering what surprises it has in store for me, but I'm finally settling in and feel completely confident with it.

I plan to service the transmission soon, but beyond an alignment and oil change, it appears to need nothing. I find the 'winter' setting for the trans to be a little smoother. There is some oil seepage from somewhere from the engine, but it's not dripping on the ground at all.

The car may not have the character or 'soul' of the old W123 or W126 cars, but it's a really nice, modern, solid, reliable everyday joy to drive. Make sure it's in good shape and clean, I have seen some dogs out there, but your instinct can tell you alot if you look carefully at it. If it's stinky or weird, follow your gut!

Also, you might notice that there are very few posts on here relating to serious issues with the c230's. There seem to be more with the larger, more elite (and more solid?) models. Always a good sign!

Good luck!