View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 07:25 PM

Gas Line Check Valve

Hummmmm indeed on that fuel line price??? I actually clipped the very end of that hose down 1/2" last time I changed all the plastic fuel lines which I did when renewing all the glow plugs (fun job by the way with 5 of the 6 breaking off - I submitted a post with some graphics of my solution). I did not personnaly change that clamp though. When I first bought the car, I did have all the plastic fuel lines changed once before by a local indy in PA back when I lived up there. Good chance he might have changed that line at the time. Maybe he eliminated that line with the check valve. That was about 6 years ago though, and the very first evidence of symptoms, which started off extemely mild, so mild only I knew it was there, did not appear for about a year or so after that.

The air bubble you see disapears the instant I start the car and when it runs it remains bubble free. Is that okay or are they supposed totally air free even when not running for a couple days? The car had not run for about 24 hours at the time of that photo.

My vin is WDBJF25H4XA773456.

Last edited by leszek; 02-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.