View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 AM

It's getting muuuuch worse....

It really feels as though it's coming from the rear flex disc, I can picture the vibration matching the revolutions of the drivetshaft and if I go above 45 mph and accelerate there is a LOUD thudding noise that also matches what I would think is the driveshaft, when it does this I immediately slow down because I feels as though wherever it's coming from is going to fall apart!

Since it's this bad, I'm sadly not going to be driving it until I get this fixed, I wanted to go to the local junkyard near me (which sucks they never have anything) and hope they have a 300E I could get a flex disc bolt off of and practice taking it off with.

The flex disc I have looks like it's in good condition, I didn't see any cracks but it's just that one screw that's missing, the weird thing is it's always been missing since we got the car back in November and it didn't vibrate really, well, it may have but it had such crappy rims and tires that I probably just blamed it on that. When I put the OEM 16 hole rims back on it was very noticeable cause of the ride and has just gotten worse ever since.

I tried putting the bolt back in where it was missing and it would not go in because it was misaligned, so I might actually just tackle this myself if I need to replace just one bolt.