View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 04:54 PM

The mystery of No-Drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds190 View Post
(702) 481-1312. About $200 in 2008.
Ds190, I called the nubmer and an answering mashine said it was a clinic. The number is correct, according to the yellow pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds190 View Post
And, if you have to supply air pressure to the low pressure supply input, it would seem effective to put air into the fabric covered low pressure supply hose. Again, this hose can clog.
OK, I clear the tank and the low pressure hose was not plugged. The old fluid was black as someone used the wrong oil and at the bottom of the tank there was black mud. Now I'm hopeful. Put new fluid from Mercedes and anxious waiting to see a drip. Still no drip with the engine on or off.
The brainstorming continues:
With the new fluid in the tank, I removed the return tubing at the cap of the tank and using a tire air pump applied air pressure to the tank. I can see the tank is holding the pressure. Still no drip from the banjo bolt.

So the Hydraulic fluid doesn't get to the vanes of the pump like something is blocking it. Is this normal for a bad pump? From what I know if the pump goes bad, either leaks, or doesn't build enough pressure. Any ideas?

I have this car since 2005 and the SLS only worked once when I first bought it. At the time, I loaded the car with heavy boxes from IKEA, not knowing anything about SLS, and to my surprise when I started the car it levered by its self. I was so amazed with that feature, that when I discover it didn't work anymore, I brought it to the dealer to fix it. They kept on telling me there was nothing wrong with the car. So I gave up until recently when I found the used leveling valve in the junkyard. I knew that by touching it, there was a possibility it could empty my pockets. So this isn't a new problem, but since I changed the leveling valve the other day, the rear is a little lower and now doesn't have an acceptable or safe ride and I also feel the bumps of the road. Leaving it like this isn't an option anymore.

Michael