View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renntag View Post
Not sure what panel you are referring to as the "climate control" only has one panel.

I can assume then you are referring to the switch panel at the top of the console assembly?

I too would like to learn a good method to remove with out damage. I just pulled a couple switches from a parts car and and had a hell of a time fussing with that panel.

I tried to pop out the switches to give clearance for the panel to then slide down from where it was caught behind the dash. There are 2 phillips head screws behind the panel that attach the console to the dash, I removed these after the fact and it didnt seem to loosen anything.

My only bit of advice would be to try to pop the switches out (after pushing the connectors off).

I have to do this again as I attempt to replace the switches in our '83 TDT. I will try to take pictures and document my process if I find a solid method.

At this point, I am moving forward very concerned about damaging my good panel.
I removed the switches but still no luck at getting the panel out.... The panel is really loose , I don't think that it is holding in place with any other screws, but I can tell that if I try too hard the panel is going to get damaged...
I'll have to wait a bit until I have enough time to dio it right. I really don't want to rush at this point.

I hope you'll be successful. Let me posted...

Thanks