View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Hello,
Like I posted on a topic last week my dad's W115 is going to need rebooting VERY soon, there is a simple method I use which requires no cutting, boiling or stretching over the boots, I dont think you can stretch over the OEM boots as they are very strong, but you can easily replace the boots with OEM's with this simple method, I'm thinking of making a video soon most likely this week end in which I will explain how ppl could reboot there CV's with OEM boots once and for all without stretching or cutting them, if you could hang on for just a few days.... you could have genuine OEM boots which last longer, don't use non OEM flex boots they are not genuine and they give up in no time, also dont try to stretch over the OEM boots as they are not made for that and may crack, I tried writing down the method and posting it but ppl found it just too complicated and puzzling to read and understand how to do it so I guess the video will explain better, the CV's are filled with gear oil so if they had split the oil would have all come out leaving the joints with no lubrication, I recommend using some CV grease till you have replaced the boots if you really have to use the car

Jeremy