View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM

Today I finally could get back out there to pursue this temperature problem, and checked the fans.

As suggested in a post above, I separated the two fan wire connectors. Coming from the fans to the male spade connectors are one brown wire and one brown with white. When I connect 12v to these male lugs, nothing happens whether the ignition is on or off (motor not running).

Those wires connect to the female connector, one wire brown and the other brown with blue. When I connected the 12v to these female connectors, nothing. HOWEVER when I connected the negative ONLY to the brown/blue, with the ignition OFF, both fans came on.

Sounds crazy to me, but does that mean the fans are actually working? I still don't like the temp being 85C as the normal temp, going up to almost 100C when stuck in traffic, and then (maybe the fans are actually working) dropping to a little over 90C.

Before I got the radiator flushed and the antifreeze changed by the dealer (at a high price) the car ran normally at a touch over 80C and at worst in traffic moved up to about 85C.

Thoughts?