View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450slcguy View Post
A buddy of mine inherited a 1983 240D 4-speed manual about 5 years ago. It was his Dad's MB for 23 years and 340,000 miles, . Since his Dad died, its been driven sparingly and parked outside. Some rust RR wheel-well , several deep rust bubbles, paint faded and heavily oxidized. 2 minor panel dents, exterior moldings needs some work.

Engine started right up, sounded pretty good, medium blow-by, little visible smoke on start-up. Interior not bad, seats looked pretty good, old sheepskin covers helped. Not sure about A/C. New clutch about 20k miles ago. His dad probably kept up with it pretty well over the years. Lots of paper history since new. His Dad owned several quick lube places so probably had frequent maintenance.

An hour before I got there, my buddy raised the hood and it blew outta his hands and smashed the windshield. Probably broke the hoods springs or something else.

It's a high mileage project car. Not too far gone but urgently awaiting a rescue. If it's not cheap, it's not worth my time or potential investment.

What's a fair offer? I'm thinking $300-400 dollars.
Sounds like you will need mechanical and welding skills and cheap access to parts. I wouldn't go more than $100 as suggested and that is out of friendship.

BTW, I saw your slogan on a T-shirt sold HERE

Excerpt: Christian Books and Things offers a wide variety of Christian oriented t-shirts and sweatshirts. We are also proud to be the exclusive distributor of The Knights Party designs.

Got there from the KKK website
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow