View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Too far retarded. The sequence is a bit counterintuitive. Full flow occurs before the drip. The drip is followed by no flow.
There is a yes and no to the above. If you are barely moving the IP the Flow will stop.
However, if you keep turning the IP the Plunger moving up will flow the amount of Fuel that would be Injected and after it reaches the End of Injection the Fill Port is exposed again and it will flow again.

So if you rotate the IP too fast you can easily blip by Begin Injection.

Even more confusing (this happens when you rotate the IP Housing in the direction that would cause retarded/Late Injection) is that as the Plunger is going down you will also reach a point were it will drip followed by no flow until the Fill Port is open again.

Just think for about $35 a Fuel Injection Pump Timing/Locking Pin could have been used and the job would have been done!

Below is how I rotated my IP when I Drip Timed mine.
The Big Channel Locks gave me a lot of leverage and I sort of gripped with handles with one hand and tapped the on the end of the handles rotating the IP Housing tiny amounts with the other Hand until I got the Drips I wanted.
Then I reach down and pump some more on the Hand Primer to bring the pressure up to besure I was still getting the same amount of drips.
Attached Thumbnails
Injection Pump Timing. Pump won't Drip!-fuel-injection-pump-rotated-channel-locks.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel911; 06-20-2010 at 08:47 PM.