View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
You'll have a constant error message that can't be turned off.

Your car won't be as safe without sensors as it is with them.
I have read since my initial post that there is no actual sensor in Canadian MB, and we are supplied with the indirect type of Tire Pressure Loss system ,a computer program that analyse the rotational speeds of the 2 corresponding wheels.There are no sensors in the wheels!
In the US system there are actual sensors in the tire valve therefore you may get the error message if no tire valve sensors are installed.

From Benzworld.org:

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_beagle View Post
Both of you are not very correct. The MB MLs, GLs and Rs in Canada all use indirect tire monitoring systems (NO individual electronic sensor in the rim). Also they must have day-time running light as required by Canadian laws.
Their counterparts in the US use sensors in each tire. It's just a legal matters.
Actually that is why I changed my position. the OP is from Canada.(Indirect TPMS) When I gave my first answer it was because I am from the USA.(Direct TPMS) When it was pointed out about the other system I realized I was regionally incorrect and posted the correct info.
Last edited by Smooth 1; 10-23-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: I can't spell sometimes...
Smooth 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 PM #9 (permalink)
Smooth 1
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: ML 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Rod View Post
First..l do have separate rims for my winters....(19"rims).....Secondly....so there isn't a sensor in the tire..so l don't have to worry about getting sensors for my winters ???? This would make sense, because while l was scanning my manual , l noticed a picture of the MFD and it showed a car picture with 4 numbers at the corners...l thought..cool..it shows the pressure of each tire..but as l read further...it indicated, this was American...Lastly, the reason why l would go with a 55 series instead of a 50 series, is to fill the wheel well a little....l don't have Airmatic...and l don't like the spacing between the rear tire and the wheel well.............
Correct, no sensors to have to worry about. You should be fine once you recalibrate.
Smooth 1 is offline Reply With Quote