View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKCDI View Post
Is it possible I have self leveling suspension on my (new to me) 1995 E300 Diesel? There are sensors attached to the strut mount on the front shocks, the strut mount tops are oily(shocks leaking?). I will take some pics today.
What you guys think? Oh and there is a hydrolic fluid reservour in the engine compartment.
Most likely the "sensors" are connectors of some sort ABS etc, hydro-pneumatic shocks are basically sealed at the top and would more likely leak from a connection or a shaft seal, the hydraulic fluid reservoir is also necessary for ADS vehicles which are fluid pressure operated. If the center of your instrument cluster contains a small square or rectangular window about 3/8”long and high which should light up with ADS when you start the car then that is what the hydraulic stuff is probably for. If you did have front SLS you would also so some fluid connection to the front struts, some accumulators some where up front there and some sort of level sensing hydraulic valve/s attached to the front suspension and the body somewhere.

But anything could be possible if the car was ordered from the factory and enough was paid for what someone wanted it equiped with.!