View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergoodpeppe View Post
This summer I've already done the fuel filter, serpentine belt, and spark plugs.

I think my dealer replaced the O2 sensors a little less than a year ago.

Based on your advice then I'll check out the diff fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, and ATF/trans filter. I also read that it's good practice to grease the roof yearly, so I'll do that.

I figure I'll do the pads, rotors, brake fluid, and brake sensor all at once when the pads need to be replaced. I suppose I can also check the wheel bearings at that time as well.

Thanks! Anything else?
It sounds as though you are taking excellent care of her!

There's a DIY on cleaning and regreasing the sunroof here: Are You OBSESSED About Your Benz? | Clean and Re-Grease Your Sunroof.

Repacking the wheel bearings is the same as any other RWD car, but there is the special MB green wheel bearing grease. (If you repack them while wearing nitrile gloves you waste a lot less and stay cleaner, too.) It's more expensive of course, but considering it's only every 100,000 miles, may as well do it right. You'll need to purchase new wheel seals when you do it, too.

Oh, be sure to check the flex discs, too. And when you do the differential, it's always a good idea to unscrew the fill plug first. They can freeze in there and if you drain the fluid first then you're in deep trouble.