View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
Hello Ah-Kay,
On my 1984 300SD the drivers door handle has a wire going to the key mechanism, but the trunk lock and the passengers door lock do not. By this I mean if I put the key into the drivers door and unlock it Everything unlocks, all the doors, trunk, and fuel filler. If I unlock the passengers door or the trunk with the key nothing else unlocks.

Will this keyless system work with my vehicle? The vacume/pressure pump is in the spare tire well.
If you cannot lock/unlock from trunk or passenger side door then you are out of luck. You do not have vacuum line goes to the driver door. You need an EXTRA actuator. It will be much more difficult to install. It is PITA to install unless you are very handy. You need to install an actuator to actuate the door plunger to make it do up/down, which in turn makes the wiring contact.

The unit from eBay will work but you do not wire it up in pneumatic configuration. It will work only after you install the actuator, unfortunately.

Good luck.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.