View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Thanks, Craig.

It appears that the real story here is that the DOJ, under Bush, let a lot of things slide. It is going to take a few years to undo the damage the Bushies did and it is nice to see the DOJ is now working on becoming what it used to be.

As for the self proclaimed 'Prosecutors' in the original story... It appears to me that they are trying to take credit for someone else's actions. Holder would be that someone else along with the two Republican lawmakers.

Since these guys have decided they are Prosecutors how long will it be before they decide they have the power to arrest as well? Someone tried to pull a 'Citizens Arrest' on Karl Rove once and that, as it should have, went nowhere.

It is good to see Republican Congressmen wanting the DOJ restored to where it once was. It looks like things in DC are beginning to normal, and I hope that we have reached the end of the beginning on this process.

I'll bet you're not the only one that's really happy you decided to make your bones in the oil business and not the political arena! And those folks are dwarfed by the many that are ecstatic you didn't pursue a career in law or law enforcement!!!! Or rocket science! Or nuclear engineering! Or odds making!

Quote:
This story falls apart in the first sentence. Can you spot the BIG lie in the first line?

I will check back tomorrow and provide the answer if no one spots it.

HINT: The word that show how phony this press release is at the end of a line; not at the end of a sentence.
Quote:
Keep trying! No one has found the lie yet, and I just threw the 'seemingly' comment out there just to show how devoid of facts this press release is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybob View Post
You better bust out your dictionary reread the word's broader definition!
Quote:
Why bother? When a press release about this comes out from the Department of Justice it will be worthy of attention.

Until then it is just another attempt to keep people stirred up.

Spotted the lie yet?
Quote:
Thanks, Craig.
As for the self proclaimed 'Prosecutors' in the original story... It appears to me that they are trying to take credit for someone else's actions. Holder would be that someone else along with the two Republican lawmakers.

Since these guys have decided they are Prosecutors how long will it be before they decide they have the power to arrest as well? Someone tried to pull a 'Citizens Arrest' on Karl Rove once and that, as it should have, went nowhere.
pros•e•cute
verb \ˈprä-si-ˌkyüt\
pros•e•cut•edpros•e•cut•ing
Definition of PROSECUTE
transitive verb
1: to follow to the end : pursue until finished
2: to engage in : perform
3a : to bring legal action against for redress or punishment of a crime or violation of law b : to institute legal proceedings with reference to
intransitive verb
: to institute and carry on a legal suit or prosecution
— pros•e•cut•able\ˌprä-sə-ˈkyü-tə-bəl\ adjective
Examples of PROSECUTE
1.The store's owner agreed not to prosecute if the boy returned the stolen goods.
2.The case is being prosecuted by the assistant district attorney.
3.She criticized the government for the way it has prosecuted the war.
Origin of PROSECUTE
Middle English, from Latin prosecutus, past participle of prosequi to pursue — more at pursue
First Known Use: 15th century

As if all but government are excluded from prosecuting! Ha! Ha! This is a prime example of being blinded and rendered senseless by hatred!