View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:19 PM

pulled the vcv last night. Ended up being an easy fix, that I could have just done with the valve in place on the IP, though pulling it took all of 2 minutes (1min. 30sec. of which were trying to figure out how to unclip the pushrod from the vcv).

Anyway, cool little valve that vcv. When adjust right it is a very precision vac regulator. Mine was not dropping the vac signal at all except just at full throttle, and even only down to about 11"hg. By removing the plastic cap on the side and exposing the nut with two flats on it, I found you just turn the nut to change the range of motion required to activate the vac regulation. Turning CCW makes the valve dump vac sooner into the rotation of the lever (i.e. it will start dropping vac level sent to the trans with less and less throttle movement as you turn the nut CCW). Setting mine to the vac just drops to zero when the lever hits the stop resulted in vac at idle of about 11"hg and vac a 1/2 throttle of about 5"hg which seems to be about where you want it based upon other posts I've seen.

With these settings I find my 2-3 flare is now gone. It was intermittent before and mostly occurred during warm up so I'll drive a few more days before saying it's fixed for good......but so far all indications look positive. The other shifts also feel firmer with a shorter shift duration especially noticeable as heavy throttle (make sense I guess as at heavy throttle I'm now near 0"hg whereas I had previously been at 18"hg since the VCV wasn't adjusted)

Amazing to see first hand how big an impact vacuum has on these trannies